It is no secret that well-groomed hands are considered a sign of good taste and aesthetics. That is why women today rarely miss a manicure. You can not go to the hairdresser for months, make-up in your daily life everyone does yourself, the beautician is not visited by everyone, but the maintenance of a good-looking manicure is needed at least a bunch of months. With such a serious demand for manicurists, opening a manicure studio can be a lucrative business.
In the following lines we will give you a little more detailed information on how to start this type of business.
For starters, let’s start by introducing you to the different forms of opening a manicure studio:
Option 1 – the owner pays rent / uses his own premises, makes repairs, buys all the equipment. Here you can be a manicurist or hire one.
Option 2 – Rent a room to a manicurist. In this case, the manicurists work entirely with their equipment and materials, take all the profits for themselves, and pay rent to the owner of the salon.
Option 3 – Salon at home. A good option for beginner manicurists without start-up capital.
In addition, if you already have a beauty salon, you do not need to open a manicure studio. You can just open a manicure place in it.
Advantages and disadvantages of opening a manicure studio:
We will start with the advantages:
- High and constant demand
- Flexible working hours
- High income
- Small investments
- Creative expression
- Great competition
- Load on the spine due to the position of work
- Attaching clients to a specific manicurist
- Inspections by the sanitary services
Here are some more important steps:
- Make a business plan. This will make it easier for you to estimate the amount of investment you need.
- Choice of location.
- Renovation of the premises – here it is desirable to include an amount for the design of the salon.
- Equipment – 1 or 2 manicure tables and a pedicure armchair, 2 lamps for nail art, upholstered furniture for the lobby area or for waiting, a table for magazines, an office stand, etc.
- Hiring staff. If you are going to work alone, this is out of the question.
- Purchase of materials.
- Company registration, finding a good accountant and obtaining the necessary permits from the municipal administration, the fire service and the RHI.
- Advertising – advertising is mandatory at the initial opening of a manicure studio.
Necessary documents when opening a manicure studio
First of all, you must have the necessary document for this – a certificate, certificate or diploma. It is important that the document is issued by a licensed person to conduct qualification courses and trainings at the Ministry of Education and Science.
Registration is required for commercial activity with the RHI and the municipality.
Requirements for opening a manicure studio
- Registration in RHI as an object with public purpose;
- The requirements for a manicure studio are described in Ordinance 15 of the Ministry of Health. Read more HERE:
- Compliance with sanitary and hygienic requirements of RHI
- Coordination of documentation and instructions for fire safety with the chief of the fire brigade at the place of residence
- Contract with a company for occupational medicine and occupational safety for the preparation of the initial risk assessments
We at T&G Consulting can be useful to you throughout the entire process of starting a business and further accounting services.